About Me

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Oklahoma....Our thoughts and Prayers go out to you all.

Unbelievable destruction in Moore, OK.  Prayers out to all of those that have been affected.  I can't even imagine what those people are going through.  A few years ago my daughter and I were caught out in the tornado that went through our area, but we found our way into a grocery store.  We were driving home and this storm arrived literally out of no where and very, very quickly with almost no warning.  We knew we were not going to make it home as our car was being tossed around a bit and we could not see much of anything.  My daughter was suggesting that we pull into this neighborhood and was asking me if I knew anyone in the area and I really didn't and was concerned going to any houses because if there wasn't anyone home we were just wasting precious time.  So I pulled into a grocery store parking lot and told Taylor (my daughter) that I wasn't even pulling into a parking spot, but just driving up to the front doors and we were going to run in.  We both just jumped out of the car and I told her to run, I couldn't get my van door to shut because the wind was blowing so hard and I just left it open and went running with her into the store not knowing if my 4 month old vehicle would be intact when the storm was done.  As we were running from our van to the store there was an electrical box that was blowing up across the street from us.  There were men holding the store doors open for us and another staff person handed us meat locker jackets because they were telling us to run to the back of the store into the locker where we would stay during the storm.  I called my husband as we were running to the meat locker and told him we wouldn't have phone service and where we were at, he let us know that they were all fine and they loved us.  We were in the locker area for about 45 minutes.  When we were released from the locker area, we headed out to our vehicle - the van door was shut but there were some plants on top of the hood of our van and some water in our van.  All easy things to clean up.  There was a fence knocked down across the street and there was a semi turned over on the way home along with some trees knocked down and other items scattered everywhere.  
What we went through was scary, but nothing compared to what others have gone through especially the destruction that Oklahoma went through last night.  Prayers to all of them and a quick recovery to pick themselves up and put everything back together again.  

God Speed....

0 comments: